About This Episode
In episode #4 of The Alex Manos Podcast I speak with Dr. Nirala Jacobi on SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth), a very common cause of bloating, diarrhoea, constipation and other GI symptoms.
We discuss the causes of SIBO, which Dr. Jacobi breaks in to four different categories:
Dr. Jacobi’s website is: www.thesibodoctor.com.
We discuss the challenges of methane dominant SIBO, and how we need to enhance our understanding of this type of SIBO to develop effective strategies/treatment.
We also discuss why histamine intolerance is such a common finding in individuals with SIBO, and, whether biofilm supplements are of benefit, when to consider them, and how the sequence them within a programme for maximal benefit.
- Hydrogen and Methane-Based Breath Testing in Gastrointestinal Disorders: The North American Consensus: click here
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth and Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A Bridge between Functional Organic Dichotomy: click here
- Probiotics for Preventing and Treating Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth: A Meta-Analysis and Systematic Review of Current Evidence: click here
- Link between hypothyroidism and small intestinal bacterial overgrowth: click here
- Methanogens in humans: potentially beneficial or harmful for health: click here
- Microbiota, gastrointestinal infections, low-grade inflammation, and antibiotic therapy in irritable bowel syndrome: an evidence-based review: click here
- Mast Cells and Irritable Bowel Syndrome: From the Bench to the Bedside: click here
These are listed for educational purposes only, an to support practitioners following the podcast. Please consult your healthcare practitioner before making any changes to your medication or supplement programmes.