About This Episode
In episode #16 of The Alex Manos Podcast I speak with Functional Medicine Practitioner and Osteopath Dede Nazareth.
Dede shares with us the science behind pain with topics including:
- What is pain?
- What is neuroplasticity and how does this relate to pain?
- Specifcity theory – Cartesion idea of pain
- Pat Wall and Ron Melzack-Gate Control Theory of Pain
- Neuromatrix or pain matrix and IASP definition of pain
- Nociception-from the periphery to the spinal cord
- 3 components of the pain experience
- Systems involved in pain
- Brain regions involved in pain processing
- Patterning – how our brain learns
- Tissue healing-normal or acute injury process
Her website is: she doesn’t have one! I love this!
- Mindfulness For Health by Vidyamala Burch and Danny Penman
- Chronic Pain: Where the Body Meets the Brain: click here